How to lose a pound a week, safely.
I have recently talked about losing weight safely and effectively and this should really be done at no more than two pounds per week. However, if your weight is much greater than that you should look at options and certainly speak with your physician, as always when starting any new diet (I hate using this word) or fitness plan.
But if you are like a lot of people that are fit and need to tighten up for spring and summer, or simply want to maintain or lose a few pounds, you can also look at how to lose a pound a week without starving yourself and drinking only water for some ridiculous amount of time. Let’s be realistic… okay?!?
There are literally hundreds of ways to lose a pound a week, but I will simply focus on seem (7). Why seven? It seems like a good number since there are 7 days in a week and you might be able to implement several of these options of them to keep it interesting and not go insane or become bored out of your skull with trying only one thing.
- 20 minutes of HIIT per day. You must be solid at this and really try, but if you do this and without fail, you will see results. No cheating, it is call HIIT for a reason.
- 50-90minutes of cycling, elliptical, or jogging/running a day. I prefer HIIT – it’s shorter, more intense, but gets you on your way.
- Try an intense cardio or yoga session – generally 45 -60 minutes will get things heated up.
- 45 – 90 minutes of martial arts or boxing/kick-boxing training. Not only will then get your fit, you get to beat the shit out of something too… always a plus!
- Cut out the sweats and junk food. This may be a bit vague, but if you are not strict on your diet, you will notice it within a few weeks, and you will feel better after about three weeks as well.
- Cut out the alcohol. I know, WTF Todd?!?! But seriously, this will also help with your sleep, as well as attitude, general well-being, and you will see weight come off, especially if you drink 3 or more nights a week, and drink more than 2-3 drinks at a time.
- Simply reduce your total calories by 3500-6000 calories per week… I know this sounds easier than you think, but you can do this several ways, and if you break it down to 500-750 calories a day, it becomes much easier. Now that could be added bagels, treats, seconds at lunch or breakfast, etc.… Look for little opportunities to reduce calories every day and you will see great changes start to come quickly.
Look around, you will find so many more options, but these are seven I personally like, have done myself, and I think you will enjoy as well.
Remember, when working out the key is intensity and for you to work up a sweat. You have to know you worked out. Again, use caution, get to your goal weight, and look at what works for you personally and strive to maintain a healthy weight that is comfortable. As a health and wellness coach, I am always focused on what is best for you as the client, not what other people think might work or works for them, but what works for you.
In good health.