Confidence is key
For most people, confidence is something you always need to think about and work on. While some people think you either have it or you don’t, that is not truly the case. Like anything, it needs to developed and cultivated. Building your self-confidence is something you should work on every day. I believe that confidence is critical to overall health and wellness, and it is something I teach as a mentor and coach.
Every single one of us has the power within to be more confident, and yes, that means you. It takes work just like anything else. But with practice, dedication, and regular affirmations and study (see you tube) you will find confidence you never knew existed. Below is a list of things you can start to implement immediately. Please don’t think you need to do all of these processes at one. You should pick some of the more comfortable items and then begin to branch out from there.
You will be amazed at how you feel after 30, 60, 90 days. Give it a try!
- Learn to love yourself.
- That’s right, the number one thing you need to do is you have to appreciate you for who you are. You may need some fine tuning, a fix up here and there, but guess what… so the ‘f does everyone! Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are a magnificent person. Believe that, tell yourself every day, and love yourself with abandon!
- Okay – this one you have to do every morning… GO!
- Forget what others think about you.
- It’s a waste of time and effort. I am not talking about some of the obvious things or people, and don’t be a complete asshole. Even though you will find some people care about you tremendously, they may still not understand you and try to drag you down. It’s not their fault, just don’t get caught up in the B.S.
- Educate yourself!
- Nothing is more confidence inspiring than self-assurance and increasing your knowledge and developing self-confidence go hand-in-hand. Read books on self-confidence or self-help. There are a lot of them out there (check my website as well). Sometimes you need a book, a course, a checklist to remind you. Don’t underestimate the power of repetition and constantly feeding your brain with good positive information… It will unlock tremendous potential.
- And on that note, watch Youtube for unlimited inspiration (or my channel or website). I leave it at that… too much to go into here… limitless supplies of inspiration. But aside from Blue Marble Mentor, some of my favorites are Jim Rohn, Earl Nightengale, and Tony Robbins.
- Here are some tips for everyday practice.
- If you want to develop and build confidence, associate with positive uplifting people. Surround yourself with those who inspire you to be better, not those who bring you down.
- If you want to build up your confidence, do something new every day. Challenge yourself daily in some way. Say hi to a stranger, take an opportunity to present at work, think of things that push you to be a bit more outgoing.
You will be amazed at how the world will begin to look at you as you begin to become more self-confident. New opportunities will present themselves, in business, life, career, and people will start to ask you for advice or look to you for inspiration. I experience this first hand, almost on a daily basis. Simply because I am more aware of myself and have developed a confidence that allows me to be me. It does not mean you need to be a leader, but certainly you will become more attractive to others, and I mean this in the terms of ultimate attraction… like attracts like.
To a world of success!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this and how it is working for you.